Hem in Hunger Food Drive and Hot Pad Challange
For the month of June 2020, Stitchology is hosting a food drive for RoadRunner Food Bank. It works in 3 parts!
Part 1. Canned and non-perishable donations--we will have a box outside the store that you can drop off any canned or non-perishable food into and we will get that to Roadrunner Food Bank. I understand they love it when they get peanut butter and cereal donated! On July 10th we dropped off 519 pounds of dry goods to Roadrunner.
Part 2. Monetary donation-- Stitchology will donate 3% of sales in the month of June to Roadrunner Food Bank. Did you know that with every $1 they receive they can buy 5 meals? So, if you spend $100 (before tax) you will be donating 15 meals, and you'll have $100 worth of awesome fabric!
Part 3. Hot Pad Challange!--I am asking you to make and donate hot pads. They will be due June 30th, and at the end of the month, we will invite our celebrity judge, the fabric designer Debbie Maddie, to help us pick a winner! Winners will be awarded prizes which will include Stitchology Gift Certificates and gift baskets. The hot pads will then be sold and all the proceeds will be donated to Roadrunner Food Bank.
Hot Pad Challange!
Help us raise funds for Road Runner Food Bank by entering a Hot Pat into our Hot Pad Challange! It's fun to do and the rules are simple. In July winners from each category will be selected and prizes will be awarded. We will then sell the hot pads and donate the proceeds to Roadrunner Food Bank!
1. Hot pads must be donated to Stitchology (2400 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Suite D -505-242-3288) on or BEFORE June 30 th 2020.
2. Hot pads must be handmade or hand embellished. We don't care what medium or techniques you use, but we don't want anything storebought (although if you want to buy a premade one and paint or embellish it- YES PLEASE!)
3. Hot pads must be a minimum of 8" around. We don't care what shape it is as long as it's big enough to safely use.
4. If sewing your hot pad, please use a minimum of 2 layers of a natural (cotton, wool, or bamboo blend) quilt batting or use a layer of Insulbright so they are safe to use!
5. Each Hot pad must be labeled with your name, phone number, email address and entry category if you wish to be entered to win a prize.
1. Adult- made by anyone 19 years or older.
2. 18 and under-made by anyone 18 years or younger with zero or minimal assistance of an adult
3. Adult and Child team- Any child any age with help from an adult.
1st place- $35 gift certificate + a gift basket containing exciting sewing supplies.
2nd place-$25 gift certificate + a gift basket containing exciting sewing supplies
3rd Place-$15 gift certificate + a gift basket containing exciting sewing supplies
18 and under
1st place- $20 gift certificate
2nd place-$15 gift certificate
3rd place- $10 gift certificate
Adult and Child Team
A FREE fat quarter to the first 15 teams that enter
Picking a winner:
You may be wondering how you can win this thing? We will be putting more importance on design and creativity than sewing skills so no need to feel intimidated. We are also excited to announce that we have a celebrity judge lined up!
We are excited to announce that Debbie Maddie will be one of the Jundges!
Hot Pads-All proceeds to be donated to Roadrunner Food Bank
Debbie Maddie is a fabric designer for Moda United Notions. She uses shibori techniques to dye the fabric and create beautiful and unique designs. She loves sewing garments and quilting, and has been sewing most of her life. She has over 20 years of experiece teaching and over 15 years of experiece designing quilt patterns. She is incredibly kind and generous and I'm thrilled to have her onboard as a judge.
Stitchology has been working to support our community by hosting a food drive and sewing competition for Roadrunner Food Bank.
As of 8/6/2020 we have collected over 500 pounds of canned food and donated $1700 to Road Runner Food Bank.